Salary/Rate: £27000 - £45000/annum
Location: Mitcham (Surrey)
ITR Teachers are looking for an experienced Special Needs Teacher for a lovely Primary independent day school providing specialised education for children aged 4 to 12 years who hold Statements of Special Educational Needs for Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) and associated social and communication difficulties.
You would need to be educated to degree level or equivalent and hold QTS.
This exciting role is permanent and commences January 2019.
Your role as a Special Needs ASD Teacher:
The SEN ASD Teacher will be responsible for teaching students with Autism and either moderate or severe learning difficulties, leading a team of support staff and working as a member of a multi- disciplinary team. You will be required to carry out the professional duties of a teacher under the direction of the Leadership Team.
As a SEN ASD Teacher you may be required to teach in a different class in subsequent years according to the needs of the pupils and school development.
Skills and knowledge required as an SEN ASD Teacher:
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate on all
• Must be well organised
• Ability to work hard under pressure while maintaining a positive and
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work on own initiative
• Excellent creative teaching ability
• Commitment to own and staff professional development
• Understanding different social backgrounds of pupils
• Specialist knowledge and experience of ASD
• Knowledge of teaching and learning strategies for students with ASD
• Ability to develop differentiated schemes of work
• Knowledge of effective target setting strategies
Experience required as an SEN ASD Teacher:
• Working with ASD/special needs pupils
• High quality teaching to pupils of all abilities
• Leadership experience, including managing, supporting staff and pupils
• Collaborative teaching methods and working with colleagues in the
preparation, assessment and monitoring of work
• Be able to demonstate experience of improving student outcomes
If you are a qualified SEN ASD Primary Teacher and want to find out more about this exciting opportunity in a vibrant Primary school, then call us now or send through your CV.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: January 2019
Contract Length: Permanent